Thursday 28 May 2009

totally gay

Been reading some about Moomin, as in the gay icon. Or maybe the gay icon Tove Jansson. Read this very interesting article on the subject (it's in Swedish though). I've know for ages about Tove Jansson being gay (and also an anarchist) and the character Tooticky being based on her partner Tuulikki Pietilä, but she is one of my favourite authors and always interesting.

So thing of the day is:
  • All of Tove Jansson's books. I read some of her adult books and I love them, and I would love to read all of them, and I would love to read all of them repeatedly.
  • The Arabia Moomin-mugs (and bowls), specifically Tooticky and "Thingumy and Bob" as Tofslan and Vifslan is mysteriously translated to (Tofslan is Tove and Vifslan is a girlfriend - not Tuulikki but Viveca Bandel), Moominpappan (Moomindad) and last but not least Snufkin - Snusmumriken.

Ah yes. I have also been spending a lot of time looking at pictures of small, cute, yappy-type dogs. The cuteness. It devours.

Oh well, back to work.

No comments: