Tuesday 25 August 2009

summer cat

You know how some people have a summer house? And how some people would get a kitten to keep over the summer, and then go back to town and leave the cat to die in the forest. Thinking it could take care of itself, which of course it can't.

I remember when I was a kid, in school. I had no friends. There was a couple of girls in my class who had me as a backup. If their real friends wasn't at school they would hang out with me at recess, maybe. If they had nothing better to do. I was small and didn't know anything else, had never had real friends, wasn't offended. Played alone. (Or got beat up, but hey, different story.)

Now, today, I am truly happy. I have a good life, a good job, a future that looks bright and full of... jam. And happiness. But there's this one thing that really bugs me.

I had this friend. We where really close. And now I seem to mean nothing at all. It's weird and I don't know why. It makes me really sad and it feels exactly like I was just a standin. A summer cat.

Anyway. I'm moving to Stockholm. And also I dyed my hair orange today.

Listening to: Tracy Chapman - The Promise

No comments: